[WRAP-UP] My July Reading Month


Hello again :)

It's a little late I know, but I had a lot of Cosplay Stuff to do and I was in a great reading-flow which I couldn't stop! So July was an absolutely great reading month. I read so many great books and I found my motivation again, all thanks to one series, but more in Detail now. 

I've read 5.5 Books and over 3200 pages. All of course Fantasy and Grimdark.


The Broken Empire Series by Mark Lawrence



Prince of Thorns
King of Thorns
Emperor of Thorns 

"War my friends is a thing of beauty."

You want a dark, bloody and brutal story with a lot of black humor? Then you’ll love this. I've picked this book up on a whim and hell yeah this was an awesome ride. I've never anticipated, that I would enjoy it as much, as I did. I literally inhaled all three books in a week. I can't wait to dive into the other books of Mark!

Rating of all three Books: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Reviews:

Prince of Thorns

King of Thorns


The Wheel of Time #14: A Memory of Light
by Robert Jordan / Brandon Sanderson



"He came like the wind, like the wind touched everything,
and like the wind was gone."

It is done…after 14 months, 15 books and over 12.000 pages. I finished the Wheel of Time.

What an epic journey this was. A journey I will never forget. A journey that will ever be in my heart. I’ve never read a series like this and I think there will never be one like WoT. It’s been a few days now and I still can’t find words to describe my feelings. It is over, there are no more stories to tell, no more adventures to take and no threads to encounter any longer. 

You have moments of glory and of pure disaster, you laugh, you cry, your heart gets broken, but you can’t stop. I’m still crying, thinking about the ending. It was beautiful, epic and absolutely satisfying. Seldom I’ve read a more stunning finale than A Memory of Light. It was simply perfect. 

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Review (coming)


The Farseer Trilogy: Royal Assassin
by Robin Hobb



"Wolfes have no Kings."

I had a lot of fun, especially the ending was really great and Robin Hobb has an absolute gorgeous and beautiful way of writing. I’m really excited to continue now and explore the whole Realm of the Elderlings.

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Review (coming)


Started to Read: 

The Unfinished Tales by J. R. R. Tolkien


I'm reading this book in a read-along on Instagram. This book is sepparated in 3 Ages and we started with first age in July, the next will be in August and so on. 
It was difficult, as always starting a Tolkien book, to get into the story and the world, but after a while you really get invested and it's getting quite interesting. The first age has only two stories and the first was about Tuor, which was very short and stopped in the middle and the seccond about the tragic life of Turin, which was very great!

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐






Kommentare

Favorite Posts

[Rezension] The Wheel of Time: The Eye of the World #1

[REVIEW] The Broken Empire #1: Prince of Thorns

[REVIEW] The faithful and the fallen #1: Malice by John Gwynne