[AUDIOBOOK] Family don't end with Blood

Book


Title: Family don't end with blood
Edited by: Lynn S. Zubernis
Read by: Gabra Zackman and Graham Halstead
Publisher: Tantor Audio
Release Date: March 20, 2018
Play-Time: 7 hours and 49 minutes
Price: 25,33 Euro, or Audible


Plot

Supernatural, a three-time People's Choice Award winner for Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Show and Tumblr's 2015 Most Reblogged "Live Action TV", has made a name for itself by supporting and encouraging its fans to "always keep fighting", and a memorable line from early in the show's run, "Family don't end with blood", became an inspiring mantra for many who found community in the fandom.

In 25 powerful chapters written by Supernatural's actors and fans, including series lead Jared Padalecki, plus special messages from Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins, and Mark Sheppard, Family Don't End with Blood: Cast and Fans On How Supernatural Has Changed Lives examines the far reach of the show's impact for more than a decade. Supernatural has inspired fans to change their lives, from getting "sober for Sam" to escaping a cult to pursuing life-long dreams.

But fans aren't the only ones who have been changed. The actors who bring the show to life have also found, in the show and its community, inspiration, courage, and the strength to keep going when life seemed too hard.


Opinion

After my bench-watch-session of Supernatural I was destroyed. I fell in a hole and didn't know what to do. I mean how could any other show, any book, or anything else give me this fantastic overwhelming feeling, I got with the boys? True. Nothing could. For that moment. So as I surfed through the internet to get every information on the show, interviews and videos of the actors, I found this book. I've never read a book that is not fiction, but an autobiography or like this one, a sampler for Fan-Stories. Because audible was offering me a free month, I got this treasure for free as an audiobook. As to say, I am not that much into audiobooks, but this one blow my mind.

As said, I never read or better heard a book of this genre. Cast and fans of the show wrote down their very personal stories of their life and shared them with the world. Shared how amazing this SPN-Family is. How a simple TV-Show saved their lives, changed them and give them the strength to move on. 

Already at the beginning, after just a few words of the intro, I can't helped myself but cry. People in the train, must hav thought I am weird. The words told, were so beautiful, true and sad, but also inspiring as hell. Some stories were more tragic than others, but everyone got through a hard time with the strengh of the SPN-Family, which always got their back. A simple TV-Show gave this people the strength to move on and "Always keep Fighting" no matter what! Because Sam and Dean are fighting too. Through all these odds, they don't give up. I've had hard times too in my life and I totally felt connected. Some stories were so similar to my own, they really made my heart ache. Wheter it was the stories of fans or the actors, both were beautiful in their own way. 

As I am writing this review, I am crying again, because never ever had a book made me that emotional. This stories where real, these are real people, not some fictional characters in a fantasy world. They had to face the real life, with real problems, what made it even more sad. But these words gave me strength. Although I am not in a bad situation anymore, because I got out there on my own, I feel inspired to never ever let anything like this happen again. I will fight and if it is the last thing I will do.

As said in my supernatural-loveletter, some people will call a Fandom crazy and stupid, but why can't you see what it does to the people. Most Fans are misunderstood outsiders, nerds or whatever you call them. An this Family is a place where they could be themself, be acknowledged and don't be ashamed of who they are. They are accepted. 
For me who've been a Fan, of all kind of stuff, my entire life, this acceptance is the most important to experience. I got this through Cosplay. I have so much friends today, because of this hobby. I wasn't alone anymore, I was not the only one weird, we all were and are till today. It is my family, my home. Through this I got more confident, which I never really was. And now I am who I am, I am not ashamed, I am proudly calling myself a Nerd! And so I say yes. A Fandom, a single series can save life and inspire people. Because why not?!
And you all should be proud of yourself and who you are. Don't let others decide what you need to be. Because as Oscar Wilde once said: "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken". 


Conclusion


Family don't end with Blood. That describes this Book totally. The stories are so beautiful, sad, heart breaking and inspriring. They make you cry, but also give you strength. Because when other people can fight, you can too. It is not easy, but it is worth the price. 


Nothing less than 5 stars!

Kommentare

Favorite Posts

[Rezension] The Wheel of Time: The Eye of the World #1

[REVIEW] The Broken Empire #1: Prince of Thorns

Sign of Life