[REVIEW] The Wheel of Time #13: Towers of Midnight

Book

Title: Towers of Midnight

Series: The Wheel of Time

Volume: 13 von 14

Author: Robert Jordan / Brandon Sanderson

Publisher: Tor Books

Release Date: 18.09.2014

Pages: 955


“Nobody walks a difficult path without stumbling now and again. It didn’t break you when you fell. That’s the important part.”


Summary

The Last Battle has started. The seals on the Dark One’s prison are crumbling. The Pattern itself is unraveling, and the armies of the Shadow have begun to boil out of the Blight.

The sun has begun to set upon the Third Age.

Perrin Aybara is now hunted by specters from his past: Whitecloaks, a slayer of wolves, and the responsibilities of leadership. All the while, an unseen foe is slowly pulling a noose tight around his neck. To prevail, he must seek answers in Tel’aran’rhiod and find a way--at long last--to master the wolf within him or lose himself to it forever

Meanwhile, Matrim Cauthon prepares for the most difficult challenge of his life. The creatures beyond the stone gateways--the Aelfinn and the Eelfinn--have confused him, taunted him, and left him hanged, his memory stuffed with bits and pieces of other men’s lives. He had hoped that his last confrontation with them would be the end of it, but the Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills. The time is coming when he will again have to dance with the Snakes and the Foxes, playing a game that cannot be won. The Tower of Ghenjei awaits, and its secrets will reveal the fate of a friend long lost. (by goodreads)

My Opinion

Where should I start. I finished The Towers of Midnight a few days ago and I still can't find words to describe it. This book had it all - it was simply amazing.

I can't deicde which storyline was the best, because every single one was interesting and great. Except Gawyn maybe, but who likes him. Every character in this book has grown so much, some I didn't like at the beginning I'm now a hughe fan of and enjoy their journey.

The story itself is great and diversified. Tarmon Gaidon is near and everyone is preparing for it. The Dark One influences the world even more, and there is so much forshadowing, it's awesome. I love how the different storylines merge together perfectly.

I still wished there would have been some more scenes with Rand, cause I'm very pleased with his changing and he's still my favorite. But the others were also amazing, Perrin finally accepted who he is and also Mat. I think this was the last step for all of them to take.

I had a blast reading it, Brandon did such a great job continuing this series.

So on the one hand, I can't wait to start the last book, but on the other I don't want this journey to end, because I'm enjoying it so much.


Rating

Great and epic prelude to the Last Battle!


Video-Review (German)



Kommentare

Favorite Posts

[Rezension] The Wheel of Time: The Eye of the World #1

[REVIEW] The Broken Empire #1: Prince of Thorns

[REVIEW] The faithful and the fallen #1: Malice by John Gwynne