[COSPLAY] Demon Knife

Demon Knife (Ruby's Knife)


First post of my new category "Cosplay".💗

For my Dean Winchester Cosplay I started to built all the Weapons in the trunk of the Impala. 😉 Yeah well not all of them, that would take ages, but quite a few of them. One of the more important one is of course Ruby's Knife. So let's get into detail.





1. Pattern-Making:
I searched the web for the correct size of the knife and a lot of pictures, which weren't that many as you may think. Because I am not that good with graphic-programmes I simply put it into word and printed it onto paper, then cut it out.

2. Trasfering:
 Afterwards I transfered the whole knife onto 3 mm EVA-Foam and cut it out. Because the handle is much thicker, I transfered he pattern for the handle onto 10 mm EVA-Foam twice. Then I glued the two pieces to the 3 mm piece, one for each side. The cross-guard, was also made out of 10 mm EVA-Foam with a slit in the middle, than pushed over the knife.


3. Dremel:
So because a knife has a sharp edge, I sanded one side down with my Dremel. Furthermore I sanded the Handle to clean the edges and to be more round like the original.


3. Wraping it in Worbla:
After everything is glued together, I covered all in Worblas Black Art, so it will be more stable. Than came the annoying part, heating and flatten the edges. Over and over again, until it is all smooth. If you have a dremel you can use it to go over the seemes. This spares some work, but if you don't have one it works either way, but slower.


4. Details:

After every part is wraped in Worbla, I carved in the details. I really like this step, because it makes such a drifference. So we start heating the knife again and carve in the angelic/demon runes ? Whatever. For this I always use Modeling-Tools from Fimo, they work great. If you're not in possession of that I think a pencil will also do, but not as great. After carving in the runes, I carved some lines in the handle, to look more like a horn.


5. Priming:
The biggest part is done, now comes a boring work. Priming. For this I use simple wood glue with a bit of water. It depends on the surface, how many layers you need. For Black Worbla it isn't that much, but at least four, or until it pleases you.


6. Painting:

Finished Blade

My most favorite part. So for the knife I spraypainted the blade and cross-guard in silver. For the hanlde I used acrylic paint in different shades of brown. And white for the horn-like-look. To add more depth, I painted the carved in lines of the handle in darker brown.



7. Weathering:
I need to correct myself. That's my favorite part! It takes a lot of courage to destroy your beautiful paint-job, but it's worth it. I simply use black acrylik paint and thin it down with a lot of water. Then go over the blade only, not the hanlde. Just wait a little bit, not too long, maybe half a minute, then wipe it all off with whatever you have. You can see now, that the black paint will stuck at the corners, edges and in the carvings. This will add a lot more depth. You can repeat this step until it satisfices you.


8. Sealing:

I simply used shiny clear Spraypaint for the Blade and Flex-Paint for the hanlde, because I did't wanted the handle to be that shiny. Let everything try, and it's ready.

Hope you liked it. Next time I will take more pictures for each step, but I totally forgot this. 🙈


❤❤💛💛💛

Difficulty 2/5

Kommentare

Favorite Posts

[Rezension] The Wheel of Time: The Eye of the World #1

[REVIEW] The Broken Empire #1: Prince of Thorns

Sign of Life